St Wilfrid’s Catholic Academy
Queen’s Ave, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent ST6 6EE
Teaching Support Assistant Level 4
The Academy Committee of St. Wilfrid’s Catholic Academy wish to appoint a Level 4 Teaching Support Assistant for 25hrs per week. (September 2021 start)
Salary £18,933 – £20,092 pro-rata
The successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Support the Catholic ethos of the school
- An understanding of, and commitment to, Catholic education.
- Experience in working with children in Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Knowledge, skills and understanding of a range of strategies that will ensure the progress of children with additional needs
- Have high expectations of what pupils can achieve
- The ability to liaise effectively with staff and contribution to assessment of learning
- Relevant qualifications/experience or training ( GCSE Maths and English) Working towards or achieved Level 3 NVQ)
The successful candidates are assured that:
- The school provides a happy, welcoming environment in which pupils are valued.
- High quality support, induction and mentoring
- Delightful pupils
- Enthusiastic staff who enjoy working as a team
For further details of this post, please contact Mrs. Lavelle, Academy Manager, email@example.com
Application forms are available via the school office.
Closing date for applications 28th June 2021
Short listing: Candidates will be contacted by 30th June 2021
St. Wilfrid’s Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment.
The post will be offered on a Catholic Education Service Contract. St Wilfrid’s are part of The Newman Catholic Collegiate. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to DBS disclosure.
The post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 – List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/
Our Lady & St Benedict Catholic Academy
Abbey Lane, Abbey Hulton, Stoke-on-Trent, ST2 8AU
Midday Activities Assistant – Level 2 pro rata, £2,676 (actual salary) – Permanent
Required from 6th September 2021. Term time only.
The Governors at Our Lady & St Benedict’s are looking to appoint a Midday Activities Assistant to work amongst our school’s small and committed staff team. The successful candidate will support the Academy Manager, parents and other colleagues to help create an effective, safe and purposeful learning environment.
Your main responsibilities will be to work with our Academy Manager & lunchtime team to provide an enriching lunchtime break for the pupils.
The successful candidate will require the ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience including teaching staff, students and parents, as well as the wider community. A flexible and practical approach, and a ‘can do’ attitude would also be desirable.
Our new Midday Activities Assistant will:
- Be committed to actively upholding the catholic ethos of our school
- Be committed to raising standards
- Be creative, imaginative and innovative
- Be a strong team player
- Have good communication skills at all levels
- Have good interpersonal skills
We can offer you:
- A welcoming and friendly school with well-motivated, happy children
- Dedicated and committed team members
- A supportive Governing Body
- A strong commitment to your professional development
- A positive environment in which to develop your own ideas and initiatives
The post will be offered on a Catholic Education Service Contract. Our Lady & St Benedict are part of The Newman Catholic Collegiate. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to DBS disclosure.
Application forms are available to download from the school website www.ourladyandstbenedict.co.uk
Closing date – Monday 28th June 2021
Dates for interviews to be confirmed.
No applications will be accepted after 12pm on Monday 28th June 2021. Please return completed application packs to Natalie Clark, Academy Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
St Margaret Ward Catholic Academy
Little Chell Lane, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 6LZ
Teacher of RE (Required September 2021) – £25,714 – £36,961 – Permanent
St Margaret Ward Catholic Academy is a very popular, oversubscribed and thriving school serving the Catholic community of the North of Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire. The staff are united in their commitment to our young people and fostering within them a desire to learn and become the very best versions of themselves that they can be.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of RE to join our already outstanding team of teachers (RE provision was judged to be outstanding in our most recent Section 48 inspection). We are seeking someone who shares our passion for success and exceptionally high standards both in and outside the classroom. The suitable candidate will make a valued contribution to the department and will help to shape the way in which RE has a positive impact upon the lives of our young people and the spiritual life of the whole school community.
The ability to teacher either History or Geography would be desirable, but not essential.
Applications from NQTs (for whom excellent support is available) are welcomed.
Closing date – Tuesday 15th June (noon)
Application forms and further details can be obtained by contacting Miss L Birkin on 01782 883000 or email@example.com
Potential candidates are welcome to visit the school by appointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to enhanced CRB disclosure.
St. John The Evangelist Catholic Academy
The Avenue, Kidsgrove, Stoke-on-Trent ST7 1AE
Premises Officer to start as soon as possible
The Academy Committee of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Academy wish to appoint a Premises Officer (Level 5) for 25 hours per week, whole year. Actual pay £13,570 – £14,988
To be responsible for the maintenance and security of the school premises and site, ensuring a safe environment.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensure that buildings and the site are secure, including during out of school hours and take remedial action if required
- Act as the designated key holder for the school premises
- Operate and regularly check systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms)
- Undertake minor repairs (i.e. not requiring qualified craftsperson) and maintenance of the buildings and site
- Arrange emergency repairs
- Arrange regular maintenance and safety checks
- Oversee onsite maintenance contractors, checking that work is completed to required standards and within required timescales
- Monitor stock and order supplies
- Undertake general portage duties, including moving furniture and equipment within the school
- Perform duties in line with health and safety and COSHH regulations and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately
- Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment, in line with other schedules.
- Monitor the work of and manage cleaning and other site staff.
- Oversee and make decisions on all planned maintenance.
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of specialised equipment following training, for example sports/theatrical equipment
- Facilitate lettings and carry out associated tasks, in line with local agreements
- Handle small amounts of cash for the purchase of materials to carry out repairs.
- To drive the school minibus as and when requested. Full UK Driving License required.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
St. John the Evangelist Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau. To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 – List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/
For further details of this post, please contact Mrs S Walklet, Academy Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms are available via the school office or to download from the website.
Closing date for applications Monday 21st June 12pm
St. Mary’s Catholic Academy
Ford Green Road, Norton-le-Moors, ST6 8EZ
Web address www.stmarysstoke.co.uk
KS2 or Foundation Stage CLASS TEACHER (dependant on successful candidates strengths and preference) required for September 2021
This is a full-time Position for 1 Year
St. Mary’s is part of the Newman Catholic Collegiate. The Directors are seeking to appoint a hardworking, committed and dynamic teacher to join our enthusiastic team. The position is for a class teacher in Key Stage 2 or Foundation Stage dependant on the candidate’s strengths and preference. St. Mary’s and its partner school, Our Lady of Grace are both rated outstanding by Ofsted and we are looking for a practitioner to complement our outstanding teaching team.
The successful applicant will have:
- an understanding of, and commitment to, Catholic education;
- the ability to demonstrate high quality learning and teaching;
- high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour;
- an awareness of effective use of pupil assessment data;
- a commitment to a broad and balanced curriculum;
- a creative approach to teaching that leads to High Standards of Achievement in all subjects.
At St. Mary’s we can offer you:
- a full programme of induction;
- a friendly and supportive welcome;
- opportunities to develop through continuous professional development;
- a positive climate in which you can develop new ideas and initiatives;
- support from an enthusiastic and dynamic team at this and other schools within the collegiate.
St. Mary’s Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions
Candidates are welcome and encouraged to visit the school by prior arrangement. Applications from Newly Qualified teacher are encouraged. Application packs are available from Mrs Tracey Edge, School Secretary, St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Ford Green Rd. Norton-le-Moors, Stoke-on-Trent. ST6 8EZ. Tel: 01782-234820 and also on the school’s Website.
For further information about this post, or to arrange a school visit, please contact
Mr. I Beardmore, Principal or Mrs S. Rathbone, Head of School
Closing date for all applications: Friday 11th June 12pm
Interviews: wb 14th June